Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Report E-Mail to Agents

Michael Schmitz January 26, 2015

Is there a possibility for autmatic e-mail reports, with a list of unallocated and unresolved tickets.

I want that the Service Desk Agents get these mails for example two times a day or something like this.

Thanks.

3 answers

3 votes
Andrew Exley January 26, 2015

Hi Michael,

Create a filter with what you want then get your Service Desk agents to subscribe to it.

Here's a link to setting up filters:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+Filters

and here's a link to setting up subscription:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Receiving+Search+Results+via+Email

Kind regards,

Andrew

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2015

Small addition to this solution: Instead of getting your SD agents to subscribe on their own you can create a group including all of them and then subscribe this group to your filter. Everybody will be receiving only notification for tickets they are assigned to if you add 'assignee = currentUser()' to your JQL.

Andrew Exley January 28, 2015

Hi RVal, How do subscribe the group to a filter? When I go in to subscribe on a filter it only gives me time choices and I'm an admin on our JIRA SD instance

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2015

In the subscription view there should be selection for Recipients, Schedule and Interval. Time choices you mentioned is probably Schedule and Interval but there should be Recipient selection list just above it. By default it has 'Personal Subscription' selected but you should be able to select a group. You might want to share your filter with this group first.

0 votes

Interesting. I don't see it. I've shared a filter with a group yet when I go to set a subscription all I see is: 2015-01-29 06_05_31-Filter Subscription.png

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2015

Are you sure you logged in with user having JIRA Administrator privileges. Please check User Management -> Global Permissions. I see the same view as you when I logged in with user lacking administrator rights.

Yes. I'm in the jira-administrators group which is assigned to JIRA System Administrators and JIRA Administrators under the Global Permissions.

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2015

You might want also check 'Manage Group Filter Subscriptions' permission on the same page. That is probably what missing in your case.

Thanks RVal. Somehow I'd been removed from jira-developers which is assigned to Manage Group Filter Subscriptions. Added myself back and I can see it now.

0 votes
RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2015

filter_subscription.png

This is illustration to my comment above on where to select group for filter subscription

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events