Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Queue

Nishet Shah July 5, 2017

How can I assign a ticket to a service desk queue created I have 3 different queues.  So I can manually move tickets from unassigned to the various queues.

2 answers

0 votes
Shantanu bhosale July 5, 2017

HI Nishet,

If you created queue you dont have to assigned/move issue to that queue, it automatically filters the issue based on JQL query.

For creating queue click on this  

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2017

Nishet,

queues are simply filtered lists so you don't really 'move' them to a queue. Rather you construct your queues to align w/ what you are trying to do. For example, you could have queues by facility or agent or issue type, etc. What do your queues represent? We use a Triage queue for all unassigned issues. All agents monitor this queue to keep it empty. When they take ownership it goes into their queue.

Staci Cavalcante July 28, 2017

So if the queue 5000 issues, all subsequent queues underneath are just the same numbers totalling the 5000?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2017

@Staci Cavalcante, i'm a bit confused but maybe i understand your question. Whether the "queues underneath" total to the one above is completely up to how you set them up. Lets look at some examples that may help you understand.

By default you should have an "All Open" queue unless you deleted. For me the JQL is - resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY created DESC, "Time to resolution" ASC

So lets say I then create three new queues, one for each of my agents: Fred, Sally, Jose that show their open issues.

Then assume we see the following numbers when we look at these four queues:

All Open (65)

Fred (27)

Sally (13)

Jose (10)

So 27+13+10 only = 50 so where are my other 15? Well based on my queue definitions they must be either "unassigned" or assigned to someone else.

In otherwords queues are filters and anytime you construct filters the sum of the parts will only add up to the whole IF you have ever condition factored into your filters.

Bottomline - construct your queues to work the way the team works or needs to work. BUT be sure not to leave any issue hidden.

sorry if this was off base from your question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events