Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Queue -no longer appearing

Daniel Wilkin May 16, 2017

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has experience this. This afternoon our on premise Atlassian service desk restarted automatically, and appears to have updated to a new version that present a different look and feel.

Logging back in I dont see the service desk queue, but instead i just see all issues.  I can create new filters to see the agents but it seems odd that my view has completely changed. 

I had all my queues previously set so I can see all my agents tasks, but I now need to recreate all these filters again. 

1 answer

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2017

It sounds like the Service Desk application within JIRA did not start back up with JIRA, or you somehow lost JSD application access for your user acct.

JIRA shouldn't restart automatically. It may be worthwhile to open a support request to have your logs looked at to see what happened: https://getsupport.atlassian.com

Daniel Wilkin May 16, 2017

Hi Ann,

Thank you for the prompt reply.  I was investigating this further last night, and I wasnt able to restart the service desk app from the add - ons area.

I had also logged a call with Atlassian Support and had received similar information.

Anyway fortunatley we are a school and all our requests are recieved by email into the service desk; so I made a call to restore the whole system from our snapshot environment.

We are back up on running now and have been able to re-instate the received emails after the crash into the service desk.

I'll follow back up with the service desk to resolve the reasons why this crashed. I still have access to the log files etc before the restore was re-instated.

Thanks once again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events