Service Desk Project for each customer

We are planning to setup service desk project for customers. The ticketing system fields are same for all customers.

What are the recommended approaches?

1. Create seperate Service Desk Project for each customer

2. Create one Service Desk Project and add customers and organizations

if we create seperate Service Desk Project for each customer can we create a template and duplicate it?

1 answer

1 vote

Hey Venu, 

I think it also depends on how your agents are organized. If all the agents can take car of all customers, then I don't see why you should create one project per customer. 

Even if all your agents cannot take care of all your customers, you can create queues based on the domain of the customer email (like one queue per customer) so your agents can pick in the queue they want. Nice video about creating queues or the documentation is here.

Nope you can't duplicate JIRA Service Desk project i just found this : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-191 

I hope it helps!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

1,121 views 32 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you