Service Desk Portal - list of requests configuration

I'm validating Service Desk capabilities. Currently I see very limited options of Service Desk Portal configuration. Is there a way to:

1. Configure fields that are displayed on Requsts list? Currenlty I can only see: 

TypeReferenceSummaryService deskStatusRequester

2. Are there any capabilieties to close/resolve Request by client? I cannot find such button or list on Service Desk Portal.

Thanks in advance

2 answers

Absolutely, you can edit the columns that appear. Edit the Queue, or even make another, in the columns section, Click More and type the fields you'd like to appear. 

Unfortunatelly this configuration is working only for internal users/agents. Customer Portal sill shows just few columns.2016-04-19 12_02_15-Requests - Service Desk.pngIs there a special queue dedicated only for Customer Portal?

No, Tomasz, there isn't. There are not many possibilities to customize the customers view of a service portal.

We are currently evaluating JIRA service desk and this is the #1 feature on our wishlist. It's really sad that you can customize JIRA in so many ways (add different fields, associate them to different request types and service desks and so on) but then you find out you can't use any of them for the customer-facing view. sad

Hey, do you have a rough estimate on when this feature might be implemented?

Seriously, it's ridiculous that I can't make a change to this screen. 

pretty sure they gave up on it

I am currently using JIRA Service Desk and some of our customers have asked that the screen that they see when viewing their issues be changed to include a timestamp. I would like to do this, but can't find a place to edit what they see. This would be a great addition to the portal and would likely increase adoption across our customer base.

Our customers are restaurant managers/owners/c-suite team members and they have many other tools that they use to do their business. I want JIRA Service Desk to be one of those tools that they use and tell their employees to use.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

37,334 views 13 39
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you