Service Desk Portal - list of requests configuration

Tomasz Zawadzki April 18, 2016

I'm validating Service Desk capabilities. Currently I see very limited options of Service Desk Portal configuration. Is there a way to:

1. Configure fields that are displayed on Requsts list? Currenlty I can only see: 

TypeReferenceSummaryService deskStatusRequester

2. Are there any capabilieties to close/resolve Request by client? I cannot find such button or list on Service Desk Portal.

Thanks in advance

6 answers

2 votes
Houtan "Hobbe" Houshmand June 16, 2020

Any updates on this?

2 votes
Erik Poel September 10, 2019

Seriously, it's ridiculous that we can't make changes to this screen. 

2 votes
Drew Nedderman November 3, 2016

I am currently using JIRA Service Desk and some of our customers have asked that the screen that they see when viewing their issues be changed to include a timestamp. I would like to do this, but can't find a place to edit what they see. This would be a great addition to the portal and would likely increase adoption across our customer base.

Our customers are restaurant managers/owners/c-suite team members and they have many other tools that they use to do their business. I want JIRA Service Desk to be one of those tools that they use and tell their employees to use.

2 votes
Daniel Watson April 18, 2016

Absolutely, you can edit the columns that appear. Edit the Queue, or even make another, in the columns section, Click More and type the fields you'd like to appear. 

Tomasz Zawadzki April 19, 2016

Unfortunatelly this configuration is working only for internal users/agents. Customer Portal sill shows just few columns.2016-04-19 12_02_15-Requests - Service Desk.pngIs there a special queue dedicated only for Customer Portal?

Like Erik Poel likes this
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2016

No, Tomasz, there isn't. There are not many possibilities to customize the customers view of a service portal.

Ranjan Ghosh June 8, 2016

We are currently evaluating JIRA service desk and this is the #1 feature on our wishlist. It's really sad that you can customize JIRA in so many ways (add different fields, associate them to different request types and service desks and so on) but then you find out you can't use any of them for the customer-facing view. sad

sig February 2, 2018

Hey, do you have a rough estimate on when this feature might be implemented?

Andrew Wolff September 20, 2018

Seriously, it's ridiculous that I can't make a change to this screen. 

sig September 21, 2018

pretty sure they gave up on it

1 vote
Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 23, 2018

Hi,

1. Unfortunately there's absolutely no way to do it out of the box. However if you don't mind looking at a Marketplace app, then we've recently released My Requests Extension for Jira Service Desk. It gives you, as an admin, the possibility to configure which fields can be displayed on My Requests page, which of them are visible as columns by default, and also define which user group can use a specific field. Then your customers can add, change and reorder the columns on My Request page and filter issues by specific Service Desks, Organizations, Request types and Statuses.

However, both My Requests Extension and Advanced Portal Reports are for Server instances only at the moment. So if you're looking for a Cloud solution, you should go for Extended Request List, which is the only Cloud app doing this kind of thing as for now.

2. The same applies to the customers' ability to perform workflow actions. There's no way to do them out-of-the-box, but another app of ours, Actions for Jira Service Desk, allows customers to perform transitions and adds screens to them, so they can edit, close, reopen or escalate their requests. Other use cases include providing reasons for approval or rejection and conducting customer surveys upon closing a ticket. This one is also Server only for the moment, though.

@Drew Nedderman - if you're still interested in the solution, could you specify in more details what would you like to show your customers on the Portal?

1 vote
Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2018

Hi,

Point 1 is now possible with add-on - Advanced Portal Reports. You can select which additional fields to show to customers per Jira Service desk project and the customers can select which of the allowed fields they want to see, also they can sort and export to Excel.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events