Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk - Notifications

Ops November 25, 2014

I would like reporters to receive notifications via email when they comment on tickets they have reported.

Is this possible? I understand JIRA uses the Service Desk notifications for the reporter, but the project notification scheme for collaborators and agents - is this correct?

Matthew

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ops November 29, 2014

For those interested, I have setup a listener to trigger a status change when a customer comments on a ticket. Status changes trigger service desk notifications, so this will work for me.

0 votes
Ops November 26, 2014

Thank you for all of your answers.

I have the Service desk notifications enabled, but I am after a notification to be triggered and sent to the reporter when they comment on their own ticket - something that does not take place at the moment.

My understanding of the JIRA and Service Desk notifications was as @RVal described it - Service Desk notifications are used instead of service desk notifications where enabled for the customer.

Is my only option to disable Service Desk notifications and modify the JIRA notifications?

0 votes
RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2014

You have some JIRA project associated with your Service Desk. Notification Scheme for this project can configure notification based on roles. There are roles named "Service Desk Customers" as well as "Service Desk Team". You can enable notification of your choice for "Service Desk Customer" role in JIRA Project Notification Schema configuration.

Cesar Salvado
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2014

The Jira Project Notification Schema Configuration is not used for notifying to the customer.

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2014

Yes JIRA Service Desk overwrites the project's JIRA notification scheme if the Notifications setting for JIRA Service Desk is enabled. But if the Notifications setting for JIRA Service Desk is disabled, the JIRA notification scheme works as defined for all events and users. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Configuring+JIRA+Service+Desk+notifications

0 votes
Cesar Salvado
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2014

Yes It's is possible, You must have enabled notifications in Add Ons\JIRA Service Desk\Configurantion.  The Service Desk Notification sends e-mail when:

1. Create Issue
  2. Change the status Issue configured in the Service Desk Configuration
  3. Coments on tickets
  4. Close Issue.

Regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events