Service Desk :: Multiple customers/fonts

Rafael Ielo July 20, 2017

Hi All,

first I should say that I'm very happy to start using JIRA solutions. Great solutions! :)

I'm using JIRA as cloud and my job here is  using JIRA like unique central of alerts.

I just created a service desk called by AC. So, I have 3 customers using AppDynamics. I tod this integrations so when one metric take a health rule violation, one incident  (using a custom issue type) as created in JIRA (service desk module).

So...what's my doubts:

1) doing this, I'm using one workflow for all. Can I use one workflow for each customer? One rule where if alert has coming from CUSTOMER A, so use this workflow therefore CUSTOMER B other workflow.

2) I created some SLAs for one alert. So, I have  first SLA where my analist have 5 minutes to click on "on going",after this the SLA should be restart to 1 hour tonext "on demand". My problem: when I click on "on going" the SLA isn't refresh, just SUM the minutes/hours.

Tks in adv!

Best rgds

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2017

1. You could try making workflow conditions based on who the customer is to make the workflow do different steps.   OR you can have different issue types/request types for your customers but you won't be able to hide them without a plugin, so you would have to instruct them on which request type to raise.  Or use plugin Extension for JSD to hide request types by groups.

2. The SLA won't restart it's just continuous unless you force it to one status and then back again to the starting status.  The same Plugin (above) does a restart as a workflow post function.   However, maybe you should have two SLAs.  One for the first "On going" 5 minutes. then it ends.  And a new one for 1 hour after that first step?

Hope that helps

Hi Susan,

tks for great reply.

1) I'm tried create other issue type, one for each customer. About the plugin,it's only for host =/ I'm using cloud.

2) Yes. I do it. I  splited the SLAs but I got the same problem... How can I force this status? It'snot clearfor me.

Tks

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2017

Can you post a screenshot of your SLAs?

Sure, here you go :)

First SLA (first on going)

sla_first_ongoing.pngAfter this, I have other status when each step I should "refresh" the SLA...

second_SLA_1.pngsecond_SLA_2.png

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2017

So all those "start" conditions are like an OR condition.  If it hits any one of those statuses it starts.  But it will never stop until it's resolved. 

In order to have a restart you have to make it stop first, then the next time it hits one of the start conditions it will start again. 

But you can't combine a single status into both start and stop.  That won't work.

This might be useful to understand SLA with multiple cycles:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/example-creating-an-sla-with-multiple-cycles-732528990.html

Hi Susan.... Hum... I got it.

So it's better I create one SLA for each step. If I have 3 customers with differents SLAs, I'll create one for  each. Right?

Tks for link about creating an  SLA... I've already ready it :)

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2017

Yes. I think it's better to have separate SLAs

Rafael Ielo July 21, 2017

All OK for me :)

It's work!

Tks  Susan for all!

Best

Great.  Can you mark this question now as answered!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events