Service Desk License

Vivek Shah May 21, 2015

Even though I have JIRA administrator access, if I am not a service desk agent I am unable to edit/update a ticket and work on them.

We have bought JIRA 50 user license and Service Desk 5 agent license.

This behavior should not be happening since JIRA administrators and users must be able to edit/update tickets.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2015

Hi Vivek,

This is actually expected behaviour on JIRA Service Desk.

Only Agents have the rights to work on tickets, which means Respond to customer, make issue transitions, edit them and so on.

This is the way JIRA Service Desk agent based works in order to correctly count the users who are able to work on the customer portal as address customers requests.

Here you can find a little more information about it:

I hope it helps!

1 vote
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2015

Hi Vivek,

Service Desk permissions are different from JIRA-only projects. If Service Desk is enabled for a project, then only users with Agent access will be able to work (transition, assign...) on issues. You can refer to JIRA Service Desk permissions for further information.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

0 votes
Vivek Shah May 21, 2015

Thank you, that helps. Can one of you answer to my other question here as well please -

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/15837710

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events