Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk: How many email addresses can I link to a service desk?

Bernardo San Juan September 25, 2015

Hi,

I am playing around with the Service Desk settings and consider if it would be able to substitute the tool we use to support our partners. For that we would need to link potentially more than 50 email to one same service desk.

So the question here is, how many email can be linked as a max?

Cheers

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2015

Hey Bernardo,
Thanks for the clarification

In JIRA Service Desk, you can create Automation rules for the following example: If an issue is coming from a user X (e.g support@provider1.com), you can alert specific users, transition the issue or create comments in the issue. I'd advice you give a try using the following guide as reference:

1 vote
Bernardo San Juan September 30, 2015

Hi again Paulo,

Thanks a lot for your help smile

Best wishes,

Bernardo

Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2015

Anytime Bernardo, Feel free to contact the Atlassian community anytime and even raise a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com :) Cheers, Paulo

1 vote
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
September 29, 2015

Hello Bernardo,
As in the second Service Desk (Agent based), you don't have a limit to your customers, you don't have limit to the emails and can customize your notifications with Service Desk, but I didn't get very well your question, could you kindly share to us an example about how this tool would successful fulfil your needs and a clarification related to the emails? 

Bernardo San Juan September 30, 2015

Hi Paulo, Thanks for your reply, well, to give you more context. We have different providers offering our software solution, we do have a second level support agreement with them, that means that whenever they (these other providers/partners) can't solve an issue they pass that to us. We now host have a platform in which we gather incoming issues reported by users of our sotware, and there are different ways of entry. Each provider uses a different email address as a mail server for gathering the issues that we do not host, we would then get this addresses and sync them with our service desk/s. Actually this brings me to another questions. Can we automatize responses (canned responses) to incoming email based on domains by using service desk? For example: -Issues created via email in our service desk from support@provider1.com get this canned response "Hi, we are looking at your request... " via email -Issues created via email in our service desk from support@provider2.com get this canned response "Another type of automatic response ... " via email -and so on Cheers

0 votes
Bernardo San Juan September 28, 2015

anybody?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events