Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk: How can I automatically close an issue if there has been no activity for x days?

Romina Campos May 12, 2016

We are running JIRA with Service Desk on Cloud so the JIRA Automation Plugin or other plugins are not an option.

We have in our workflow a 'Waiting for Customer' and the issue has not been updated for x days we want to add a comment letting them knows that the issue is being closed due to inactivity and then close it.

We created a new SLA to track the time an issue spents on the 'Waiting for Customer' status and then use the automation rules (SLA breached and so on) to close the ticket. The only problem is how to "reset" the SLA timer when the customer responds...with Service Desk I can make the time counter stop or pause.

Just to be clear and need to close an issues if x days have passed since the issue entered the Waiting for Customer for the last time

Any ideas would be appreciated! I know for a fact there's some way to get this working since Atlassian support works this way.

Thanks in advance!

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2016

Romina,

I actually just responded to you on this questions as well. Thomas is correct that the timer is reset.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32967673

Romina Campos May 13, 2016

Thanks for you reply, I'll do some more test I have an open support ticket because something is not quite right with the automation on our instance, but it helps a lot to know how things should actually work

2 votes
Thomas Ender May 12, 2016

In my case the Timer is reset, if the customer answers and the ticket is transitioned to "Waiting for Support".

Let me know if you need more help...

Thanks for you reply, I'll do some more test I have an open support ticket because something is not quite right with the automation on our instance, but it helps a lot to know how things should actually work

1 vote
Thomas Ender May 12, 2016

Hi Romina,

I had the same or similar problem. I solved it with the videos help.

Try this (part 2 of the video)

https://www.atlassian.com/webinars/service-desk/working-smarter-with-the-automation-engine-in-jira-service-desk

Thanks for you reply, 

kenneth.wood May 7, 2018

"Sorry, the page you are looking for no longer exists" -  so that video isn't helpful...

Venkata Gunta October 25, 2019

Since the video isn't available can you help us with the process you did

1 vote
Andrea Carl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2016

ScriptRunner (if you're on Server)

Romina Campos May 12, 2016

Sorry, we're on Cloud sad

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events