Service Desk Email Not in Logs

lindsaychung October 11, 2017

I have submitted two requests to the JIRA Service Desk using the default email channel. One (476KB) created an item in the Service Desk while the other (18MB) did not. Is the size limitation on the service desk less than the 25MB standard? The failed email attempt doesn't even appear in the logs when I check the mail audit log for the Service Desk.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

Hi Lindsay

Please check what's the attachment limit configured in your JIRA instance. For that, click on the cog icon > system > attachments (left menu). If it's lower than 18mb, increase it and to send the e-mail again to validate if the issue will be created accordingly.

Hope it helps! :)

Cheers

Luciano Fagundes

lindsaychung October 13, 2017

I had no idea this setting existed! Thank you! It was set to 10MB, so I have updated it to 25MB.

0 votes
Lucas Bugs
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

Hey Lindsay,

At this time, the mail size limit for Jira is 25 MB as described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver032/managing-the-email-channel-828800652.html , so it is not likely that the message size was the culprit here.

Have you checked the mailbox to see if the message was marked as read? If it was and it never showed up on the project, I would recommend changing the mailbox's password and only updating it on Jira, as it is possible that another Jira instance or application might be creating a race condition on the mail fetching service.

lindsaychung October 13, 2017

There is no mailbox, as it is the default email address defined by Jira and not one we set up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events