Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Email Error. Log says "user not valid from user picker"

Drew Jarvis November 8, 2018

Setting up an email request for our service desk. I have it connected to the server and can see the email come in on the log, but it doesn't create the ticket and errors out saying, "Please check the fields have been correctly filled in. User '(employee username that did not send the email)' is not valid for this user picker."

anyone know where it would be getting the user setting from? We are setup so that only customers in our customer list can create a ticket

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2018

did you verify that the email for the incoming issue is actually a listed Customer? If you don't allow "anyone to send" request then the from email must be an existing customer.

Drew Jarvis November 8, 2018

correct, it is verified email. I have had a couple people in our "customer list" send an email and it spits out the same error. Also sent an email from outside the list and it gave me a different error  indicating that it was not apart of the list. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2018

if the exact users email is indeed a Customer in the project (project settings > people) associated w/ the email handler then the issue should be created. Can the customer open an issue via the Portal?

I would recommend reaching out to Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events