Service Desk Customers Want to See All Issues

Anthony Gaff April 3, 2019

I have a project in Service Desk which is shared with many users from a single customer. When they create issues, they can see their own issues, but they cannot see all of the issues for their entire organization.

For example:

If Kelly raises an issue in the portal, she can see her issue.

If Stephan raises an issue in the portal, he can see his issue.

Kelly cannot see Stephan's issues.

Stephan cannot see Kelly's issues.

Each customer should be able to all of the issues in the project. How can I configure it to make this happen? I've searched Google and the product documentation with no indication on how to achieve this.

EDIT: This is on a server solution.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2019

Hi Anthony,

You did not indicate, server or cloud, but I think it's fairly similar.  On Server, what we do is set up as single organization and put all our customers in that single organization.  Then under Customer Permissions - Set "who can customers hare requests with" to "Any customer or organization".

By doing that and having a single organization that your customer belongs to, when they create their issue the default is "shared with" that organization.  So now all the customers can see all the issues that have been shared.  Keep in mind, that a customer could still choose to make it private.

Hope that helps

Susan

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2019

@Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ . tell me , please, how customer can make it private in your case? 

Anthony Gaff April 4, 2019

@Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ That worked for us. Thank you very much.

Kelly Moss April 7, 2022

What about for cloud?

0 votes
patricia_scott_honeywell_com June 24, 2022

Does doing this also send emails to the users in the Organization when issues are created/updated?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events