Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Cloud and Missing Portal Descriptions & Instructions

Lauren Mullaney-Reid August 19, 2019

Good afternoon!

I am in the process of setting up Jira Service Desk (Cloud) for my organization, and I am experiencing what I think is an odd issue. 

For each of my request types, I've included a portal description and portal instructions so that our users can determine which request type would suit them best.

However, when I look at the customer portal, I see neither the portal descriptions nor the portal instructions. All I see are the icons/logos of each request type and their titles.

I've read a few articles on here talking about fields being hidden from users, but in my settings I do not appear to be able to control this:

Capture.PNG

And this is what I see when I am looking at the customer portal:

Capture2.PNG

What am I missing? I would like the users to see these descriptions so they can pick the best option for them.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2019

hi @Lauren Mullaney-Reid ,

You're totally right,  not missing anything. The fields don't appear on the portal.

Looking into this.

Radu

Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2019

@Lauren Mullaney-Reid We've found an issue and will be taking care of it here -> https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-8376 .

Like Lauren Mullaney-Reid likes this
Lauren Mullaney-Reid August 20, 2019

Thank you @Radu ! I'll keep an eye on that ticket! 

0 votes
Lauren Mullaney-Reid August 21, 2019

I see the ticket is marked as done, and now my descriptions are appearing in the portal. Thank you very much!

Radu
Atlassian Team
August 21, 2019

Happy to help. Thanks you for bringing this up. If you should have troubles in the future  a support ticket might be faster as that is a monitored queue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events