Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Service Desk Automation not available?

I was exploring an option to send ticket info to a webhook according to this article: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/jira-service-desk-webhooks/

Then I found the following article about automation rules: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/create-a-custom-automation-rule/?_ga=2.217668694.1313534261.1569601936-947314366.1566966471

And I stuck on the first step - I don't see Automation option in the project settings.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hey @pbondarchuk

Welcome to the Community! As the article explains you would go to Project Settings < Automation.

The automation tab is in the left side menu. Attached is a screenshot of that menu. You will see at the bottom of the list is the Automation tab.

Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 11.34.53 AM.png

Here is what I see. Maybe I need to use a different project type?Screenshot 2019-09-27 at 11.46.31 AM.png

Ah yes, you are in a business project. The automation tab is only available in Jira Service Desk. If you want to automate other project types, Automation for Jira, Automation for Jira Lite and ScriptRunner are great add ons.

Like John McKiernan likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to At...

2,211 views 14 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you