Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Automation fools itself

Nextware Admin August 30, 2017

Hello,

We have a JIRA Service Desk automation that automatically re-opens an issue from "Resolved" status into "Waiting for support" status when a customer makes a comment.

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 11.45.23.png

We also allow them to resolve issues by themselves:

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 11.45.44.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-30 at 11.45.56.png

Here's the problem: if the customers resolve the issue and adds a comment then it actually changes it to waiting for support, as it triggers the automation. If they resolve it and add no comment then just resolves it. So it doesn't allow them to add closing remarks.

Why is that? What am I missing here?

Cheers,
Martin

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2017

look at your workflow post function. For sure what is happening is the automation is running after the issue has transitioned to Resolved. The comment is being process after the transition to resolved.

Question - why are you using automation and comment to reopen rather than adding the reopen link on the portal? Maybe to allow reopening via email?

Nextware Admin November 8, 2017

Hi @Jack Brickey,

Thanks, good hints. It helped me to fix it. I changed the automation to only re-open for comments coming in via email. I also added the "Re-open issue" link to the customer portal.

Martin

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

Martin, you should either accept the answer or write up a new answer and accept it yourself so that others might quickly find in the future.

Nextware Admin December 4, 2017

Hi @Jack Brickey,

Yes, I accept the answer.

Thanks again!
Martin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events