Service Desk: Added participants cannot access the issue to which they have been added

If a customer is added as participant to an issue, how does the added participant actually access the ticket? I do not see the "shared" issue on the "My Requests" screen; only the issues I reported. Nor does the search return any results.

If I log into the portal with the added user and attempt to view the ticket by pasting the URL into the browser, I get: "You do not have permission to view this request."

ETA: The Request Participants field was not visible upon upgrade of the SD and had to be added manually. Not sure if that is a factor in this topic.

1 answer

1 accepted

The root cause of this problem was the Issue Level Security. As described in JSD-1402, participant visibility is still controlled by Issue Level Security. If the issue level security is too restrictive, our case set only to Reporter, the added participant, who was not the reporter, can view the ticket.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

182 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you