Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Add-On license not working anymore?

Stefan Panic November 16, 2017

Hi,

We reinstalled JIRA and downloaded our add-ons again. We were able to license Jira Software, but licensing Jira Service Desk 3.8.3 doesn't work anymore. It was licensed on the old installation, version numbers are the same was we kept everything up to date all the time. 

Whenver i paste the license i get an error that the license is invalid. It worked before!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2017

Hi Stefan,

Sorry to hear that you are seeing this problem.  There was a recent error in regards to the compatibly listed for the JSD add-on for Jira for some of the 3.8.x versions.  As a result it looks like a number of these were incorrectly listed as being compatible with several 7.5.x Jira releases. 

Since this error has been corrected on the Marketplace site: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.servicedesk.application/versions

It is possible that you were able to install this 3.8.3 JSD version with other versions of Jira that should not have been compatible.

Could you let me know what exact version of Jira Core your instance is currently running?  You can find this at the bottom of most pages in Jira in the footer, or you can navigate to the System Gear Icon -> Applications -> Versions and Licenses to see the Jira Core version there.   I suspect that you might have to either update Jira Core, or downgrade Jira Service Desk to restore this compatibility between products.

Regards,
Andy

Stefan Panic November 16, 2017

JIRA Core 7.5.2

Regards

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2017

Hi Stefan,

That is not what I was expecting to see.  Perhaps there is something else causing this problem.  In order to investigate this further, I'd like to gather some logs from your environment.  To do that I created a support request where we can better gather that information.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
November 22, 2017

In our support case we found that the license key was not accurate.   Once we used the correct key from the billing/technical contact's https://my.atlassian.com account, Service Desk was installed correctly and working then.

Cheers,
Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events