Server core intergation with service desk

Bilal Aslam March 12, 2019

In addition to service desk If i want to do business project management then have i need to buy a separate application JIRA core or service desk can do it being an extension of core?

Would JIRA core and Service desk work independently or can be integrated.

Regards,

Bilal

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2019

Jira Service Desk and Jira Software are "applications" that run on top of Jira Core.  If you are using any combination of the three, then you have Core already and adding Software and/or Service desk to that is the best way to extend or integrate them.

Bilal Aslam March 12, 2019

Thank you Nic, let me assure that i understood correctly.

So it means if we have Jira Service Desk then i already have the Jira core and no need to buy it separately. We were thinking that for project management we need to buy Jira Core in addition to Jira Service Desk.

But i infer that by having bought service desk as we have functionality of JIRA core available so project management is available out of the box with it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2019

Yes, if you have Service Desk or Software, they are running on top of a Core install already.  All your SD / Software users have access to Core as part of their licence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events