Sending a notification email when a Service Desk request is created

Gary Thompson April 14, 2014

Our customer would like to receive a confirmation email when they create a Service Desk request using the customer portal.

In the JIRA project of the Service Desk I have gone to Administration -> Notifications. In the Notification Scheme, the 'Issue Created' event has the following under 'Notifications':

• All Watchers
  • Current Assignee
  • Current User
  • Reporter

But when a user creates a request they do not get a notification email.

<dl title="You will not be notified by email of any changes you make."><dt>In their profile preferences the 'My Changes' setting has been set to 'Notify me'.

Is there something else I am missing?</dt></dl>

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2014

Is that repoter able to receive othe emails from same issue which he/she created.

If not then Jira is not sending any notifiation to it.

If yes, please look into atlassian-jira-outgoingmail.log file - to whom it is sending an email.

Also you can run notification helper from add on for perticular user on issue create event.

Gary Thompson April 15, 2014

If I am using OnDemand Service Desk is it possible to access the atlassian-jira-outgoingmail.log file? If so how is this done? Thanks.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2014

not sure about on demand service desk. please raise a ticket with atlassian to get more details

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2016

Gary,

You can use our add on to send notifications from SD on the cloud. There's plenty of events available to hook up to as well as JQL for fine-tune of the condition when notification is being sent-out. Add-on is available here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.vacom.jirassimo/cloud/overview

Cheers,

Vladimir

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events