Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Notifications on Resolved, without forcing a particular Resolution selection

James H March 13, 2018

So it seems JSD is pretty fussy when it comes to sending notifications for Resolved tickets.  There's a whole article dedicated to the subject here, but basically it seems to be saying you have to set the Resolution in a Post Function, and the Post function events have to happen in a certain order:

image.png

That's all well and good except that step 1 in the Post function is setting the Resolution to a specific option.  And our users have just interactively selected the desired resolution in the transition screen.  So we don't want it overriden in the Post function.

Additionally, it seems that the Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step is by default #1 in the Post Function, and the five default steps in the Post Function cannot be edited or re-ordered, so I can't see how I would get it to the 4th position anyway.

Any advice appreciated!  

1 answer

1 vote
Gabriel Senna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2018

Hi Jimbo,

You can delete this post function from your workflow. This way it won't override your user's choice.

Are you able to do this?

If not, I can help you do it.

James H April 20, 2018

Thank you for replying Gabriel.  In the end I installed Jira Email This Issue as I was finding the Jira native functionality very frustrating.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events