Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email to non-customer

Erik Veerman June 1, 2017

I re-use an e-mail address for my JIRA servicedesk. Before, everybody was able to make tickets by sending to this e-mail address.

Right now, I'm only enable customers in Jira to send e-mails. Is there a way to e-mail non-eligible people with the message that they can no longer send e-mails to this address?

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2017

Erik,

If I am understanding you here it seems that previously you had say 50 people aware of an email used to open issues and now you want to restrict this to 30 people. Moreover, you want to inform the remaining 20 that they can no longer submit requests. Is this correct or close?

Assuming this is the case you should either change customer permissions to "customers my team adds to the project" or create a new email address and share only with the customers you want to have the ability to create issues. Without knowing the details of your situation it is hard to say what is the best path forward but i'm guessing the first option.

0 votes
Daniel Vargas Llopis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2017

Hi Erik,

It might be related to the Customer permissions, under Project settings.

There's an option for 'Who can raise requests?', set it so 'anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal'.

Erik Veerman July 7, 2017

Hi Daniel,

The thing is, I do not want everyone to be able to raise a request.

I want the people who are not a customer to get an e-mail that they cannot make requests.

I hope that you understand my question better now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events