Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email on X days after service-desk-agent adds comment with no reply comment

Matrix Team December 21, 2017

I'm curious is this is possible. I'd like a way to send an alert if a ticket comes in and a first reply by a service desk agent is added but there is no follow up comment is made by a service desk agent within 3 days.

The reason is in our environment, all work orders come in to a "level one" where they are either resolved or sent to a high level. This higher level are also service desk agents and they are supposed to make a reply. I need to know when that doesn't happen via an alert, report, etc. Any ideas? 

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2017

Hi James,

You can do it with an SLA and automation.

Make a SLA that starts when an agent comments on the issue and ends when there is either an assignee, transition (what ever is supposed to happen).   SLA is set for 3 days.

Add automation - when the SLA is breached for that SLA alert user (or send email).

That's what we do.  If you want to get fancier and repeat that every 3 days you will need either Extensions for Service Desk plugin to restart the SLA, or automatically transition the issue and back again to trigger the restart of the SLA.

Cheers...Susan

Matrix Team December 21, 2017

Awesome! I'll give that a go.  Is this a good set up for the actual SLA?

NoSDACom3Day.PNG

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2017

Hi James,

Yes that should work but it will not restart automatically.  So it will start the first time the comment is made and stop the next time a comment is made.  but then if a third comment is made it will start again. 

The SLA cannot stop and restart on the same action and there is no restart without a plugin.  So not sure if you want it to restart or not. that's all you need to be aware of.

Hope it helps and good luck

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events