Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send an Email alert when request is created via email or portal

Sam January 7, 2020

Hi all,

How do we create a alert to be emailed to all agents when a request is created via either the portal or email?

I previously came across an article that advised we could achieve this with automation.

I setup automation as below but this didn't seem to do anything.

When this happens..
-Issue created

Then do this..
- Alert user (and listed the agents).

next-gen servicedesk

2 answers

0 votes
Sam February 10, 2020

Anyone?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2020

I’m not sure why you would need automation for this, if you have set up notification on create for your agents based upon the role they are in, e.g Service Desk Team, then they should be notified. If this isn’t happening please check to see if the agents are possibly listed as customers for the same project. This can cause notification issues.

Sam January 7, 2020

I'm unsure of where this can be configured?

We are using the next-gen servicedesk. The only 'notifications' settings I can see is under

Project Settings > Customer Notifications

This doesn't mention anything regarding agent notifications.

There is the ability to create a custom notification, but this only leads to the automation page anyway.

Under Project Settings > Internal Access the three staff that require to receive notifications upon issue creation are set as 'Administrators'

Sam February 5, 2020

Bump

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2020

Given you are on next-gen you would need to use automation as you mentioned previously. Have you reviewed this thread? - Next-gen-Service-Desk-Issue-Created-Notifications . I think it does a good job of outl8nimg the approach.

Sam February 10, 2020

I don't mean to be rude but..

Firstly, you tell me that automation isn't required.

Then you tell me automation is required.

Then I'm linked to an article where the user advised they weren't successful in setup of the notification either.

This is actually the same article I followed prior to submitting this article and as per my initial post, I advised that I had already attempted to setup automation which wasn't successful. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2020

Sam, the reason I changed from no automation to automation is that your response to my initial answer indicated you were using next-gen. This added a new piece to the puzzle.

full disclosure I rarely use NG projects and have not done the notification myself. If I get a few moments today I will play with it and see if I can achieve.

you mentioned you tried some articles. If you can provide the details on this it might be helpful to my further efforts.

Sam February 11, 2020

No problem. I did mention in my initial post that I was using next-gen.

I setup the automation as per the article as you've linked (prior to submitting this article). It's the exact article I used. I've also included the automation setup in my initial post. 

It doesn't seem like an overly complicated setup - as per the other article, seems other users are experiencing issues with this as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events