Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for requests by time (NOT date, just the time) of 1st transition to "Waiting For Support"

graham wilson September 27, 2019

Hi. To identify bottlenecks and late requests, I need to be able to identify requests that come through to us based on the absolute time that they first transitioned into "Waiting for Support."

I want to be able to run a quick search along the lines of

{Project = X and WaitingForSupport > 16:00} for example...

... so I can see what requests come in after 17:00 etc etc

If anyone can advise how this might be achieved that would be great. 

2 answers

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

The above answer only works for current day.

You can use Power Scripts for Jira

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/43318/power-scripts-jira-script-automation?hosting=server&tab=overview

For example

key in silJQLExpression("(dayOfWeek(created) == \"Sat\") or (dayOfWeek(created) == \"Sun\") or (hour(created) >=19) or (hour (created) <= 6) ", "project = SD and created >= 2019-01-01 and created < 2019-10-01")

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2019

Hello,

You can may be create a date/time customfield and add it to your screen.

Add a postfunction that will automatically fill the field with the date of the transition. 

Create a jql that like:

Customfield date > startofday("+16h").

The start of day is midnight so with this query you will be able to find issue where the date in the field is bigger that 16:00.

Some documentation here  about startofday() :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-functions-reference-764478342.html#Advancedsearching-functionsreference-startOfDay

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events