Search for text and date in description

wiaam Al-Ojaimi July 2, 2020

Hi,

I need to pull out some cases from our Jira SD.

These cases have a text in the description field with the following info:

Start date

2020-01-25

It is for our joiners, and I need to find all our joiners that have start date after 2020-01-01.

Is there any possibility to pull out this info from the description field?

I'm using the Advanced search, I managed to find all cases regarding our joiners that created within 2020. But we have many cases created in 2019 and saying in the "Start date" after 2020-01-01

Thanks in advanced

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2020

Is the text "Start Date" and the date text on the same line in the Description field? Does the Description contain any other date information, or only the starting date?

If the text is on separate lines and if you do not have any other date information in the Description field then you should be able to retrieve the data with a query like this:

Description~""Start date"" and Description~""2020-01-""

wiaam Al-Ojaimi July 3, 2020

Hi Trudy,

Thanks for your reply, I have cases with both forms (same line and separate lines), but the most prioritized now is on the same line, as the following example:

Start Date: 2020-01-12

I need a search filter that searches for all cases after the 1st of Jan, 2020.

The Description~""Start date"", didn't work except this works Description~"Start date".

And Description~""2020-01-"" (tried also "2020-01-"), didn't work with the cases that have separate lines.

So, I'm open for any other suggestions.

Regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events