Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search by created date

Deleted user July 15, 2019

When doing a selection of issues by created date in Jira Service Desk section issues/search for issues, with the basic mode of research, we have noticed that the starting date we type in is included in the selection, but the final date is excluded. For exemple, if we type in issues created between June 1st and June 30th, issues created on June 1st will be in the results, but not issues created on June 30th. This leads to wrong results. 

Do you confirm this is a bug ?

Note, we use the version 3.15.3 of Service Desk.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2019

Hi @[deleted] 

For more granular dates, I would recommend switching to advanced mode in your search.

In Basic mode, JIRA is searching for issues created between the first date and before the last date.

In advanced mode, you can use the following to achieve what you wanted:

(created < firstDate and created >= lastDate)

If you would Atlassian to change the official behaviour, I would suggest raising a ticket at https://jira.atlassian.com .

Hope this helps.

Ismael.

Deleted user July 17, 2019

Ok I have raised a ticket. The solution you propose doesn't work. 

Deleted user July 17, 2019

Thank you for your answer.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

I tested this on my instance and it works just fine:

created > startOfYear() and created <= startOfMonth() ORDER BY created ASC

Can you share your exact filter so I can see if there was a mistake with this?

Also, try the filter in the JIRA search issue page to make sure it works and then only implement this in your JSD project.

• If the search does not work in your search issue, it will not work here as well.

Will be happy to help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events