Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satisfaction settings - disable sending for certain resolutions?

Jarrod Mochnick June 14, 2017

Hey everyone,

We just implemented Service Desk and have run into an issue. We primarily have tickets generated via the Email channel. So, if an application is down, we tend to get a lot of emails letting us know. If we bulk close these tickets, without the need to reach out to the user (a company-wide email was sent out notifiying them), we don't really want them to get a survey request. Service Desk Team members are getting low satisfaction scores just because a particular application was down for some time, meanwhile it wasn't because of the service for that particular ticket.

TL;DR - can you modify when the survey requests are sent out?

Thanks!

2 answers

3 votes
Enrique Gomez June 17, 2020

Hope this is still useful, my situation:

In my case I have two statuses that have a resolution. One called "Resolved" and one called "Closed". For "Resolved"

I want to send a survey to the users so they can evaluate our work, but for "Closed" I don't want to send this survey nor a notification because some issues are not going to be processed or they come from notification e-mails, where i don't want the sender to receive any email back after I set to "Closed".

Both conditions are active in my case

1- Issue Resolution is set

2- Request Resolved notification is enabled

To solve the problem I followed this guide:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-articles/Disable-email-notifications-for-a-specific-transition/ba-p/919541#:~:text=go%20to%20your%20Project%20Settings,select%20the%20post%2Dfunctions%20tab

And additionally I had to move the "resolution set" to the end of the "post-functions".

Screenshot 2020-06-17 at 14.07.20.png

After that it works perfectly fine. Hope it helps you.

Kent June 22, 2020

It seem to be working! That is absolutely fantastic, thanks so much. I was ending up with hopeless workarounds where "closed" statuses did not have a resolution to meet this need. That messed up everything. I love this community! :D 

Like Enrique Gomez likes this
larry.lowe October 23, 2020

This is not working for me currently. I tried several tests, and it looks like Atlassian has tied the customer survey to trigger when moving into a done status category. Or maybe there is some other condition triggering it. I tried leaving the resolution blank, and the survey still went out.

My current workaround was to create a new status called "Cancelled (No Survey)" and make it into a "To Do" status category. The "In Progress" category would probably work as well. Then when I use the solution presented by @Enrique Gomez everything works.

Andrus Voolaine December 2, 2020

This solution seems to work even when using the system event Closed - post function “Fire a Issue Closed event that can be processed by the listeners”. After that there is post function that sets resolution. You can check by looking at Project settings > Customer notifications> Request resolved> Audit log. If SUCCESS does not appear, the satisfaction survey will not be sent.

1 vote
Yves Thomas November 21, 2017

Hello @Jarrod Mochnick

Satisfaction survey is sent out based upon two conditions :

1- Issue Resolution is set

2- Request Resolved notification is enabled

When an issue is closed (Resolution set) on a transition for which the associated notification event IS NOT "Request Resolved", there should be no Satisfaction survey notification?

You could set up a "resolved" transition with "Request Resolved" event (and a Satsisfaction survey) and a "closed" transition with "Request Closed" event (and no survey at all).

Vasilii Gustelev April 16, 2018

Yves Thomas has a point.

I've modified my "Resolve Issue" transition as following and solved the issue:

1. Removed "Resolution" field from the screen, so this field is not set during the transition

2. Added a post-function "Set resolution field to Fixed" just after Event fired

Voila!

Vasilii Gustelev April 16, 2018

image.pngHere is a screenshot to clarify what was done

Kent May 27, 2020

I am not fully understanding this. If I don't want to send a satisfaction setting can I prevent this if a resolution is set?

I have a transition where resolution is set automatic and that triggers a satisfaction setting. Am I doing it wrong? Or can I only prevent this by not setting a resolution?Resolution.png 

Mack Baczynski June 2, 2020

I have the same question as Kent. How are we interrupting the resolution status being set from triggering the "request resolved" notification?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events