SLAs for service desks without 24-hour support?

dglick-sipc October 23, 2013

I love the SLA capability, but it just isn't working for our organization. We don't run a 24-hour support desk, so when a request comes in after-hours, it always violates the short-term SLAs (like "Time to First Response") because we're not around to handle it right away. If issues submitted after-hours are subject to the same SLA constraints as those submitted while the desk is open, the reports are meaningless for non-24-hour desks because they hold us to an impossible standard.

Is there any way to set service hours for the SLAs and have them not count time when outside the service hours? Alternativly, something like "Time of Day" for the "Pause on" field in an SLA setting would work as well.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
dglick-sipc October 23, 2013

This appears to be covered here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-16

Looks like it should make it into a future release soon.

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2014

This has been released, as of Service Desk 1.1.

0 votes
ɹǝʞɐq pɐɹq
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2013

This is coming real soon. I cant say exactly when * but I can say I have seen this running here internally. :)

Cheers

Brad Baker
Service Desk Architect

* Q. Hey why cant you say exactly when?

A. Because despite our best intentions to ship often and on time, not every thing happens as we want and setting an expectation that somehting will be ready on day X and then missing it by 2 weeks rightly upsets people.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events