SLAs constantly "Updating" and not appearing on tickets

Adriana Wolfe October 16, 2017

We have several Service Desk projects for which we are constantly being prompted to "Update" SLAs in the Project Settings.

When "Updating," it runs the updating bar and does not stop. Ever. If I stop it manually, it prompts me to update it again.

Secondly, we have added some SLAs to one of these projects. Because it never Updates, these SLAs never appear on the tickets.

This is a very urgent issue for us that we need to be resolved right away!

Running JIRA 7.4 and Service Desk 3.7.

URGENT - Now the Time to Resolution field has completely disappeared from Tickets and column views. This is completely urgent and needs to be resolved immediately. Please tell me how to fix this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2017

Hi Adriana,

I think there might be a configuration problem with the SLA that you created?  Can you edit it and review it to ensure that it's not set up incorrectly?

Susan

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2017

it would also be good to know how long it ran before you stopped and the number of issues in the project(s) in question.

I've left it running the "Update" sequence for up to two and a half hours before. There are roughly 1200 tickets in one of the projects and about 400 in the other project.

Before this issue started, the "Update" sequence would run for about seven-eight seconds.

After a while, the "Updating" bar goes from stripes to a solid but unfilled line.

"Time to Resolution," "Pending," and "Waiting on Customer" SLAs are not appearing on ANY tickets.

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 1.46.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-16 at 1.46.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-16 at 1.46.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-16 at 1.46.17 PM.png

This never goes away, even after "Updating" several times:

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 1.48.52 PM.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2017

@Adriana Wolfe, did you ever get this resolved? If you are still experiencing I would suggest opening a support ticket w/ Atlassian.

Adriana Wolfe October 18, 2017

Yes, I opened a ticket with Atlassian a few days ago. I suspect it is a major and potential problem with either our system or the software, I'm afraid. :(

Caroline_Courchesne June 26, 2018

Hi Adriana,

I have the same problem, did Atlassian solve it ?

Adriana Wolfe June 26, 2018

Hi Caroline,

I ended up deleting all my SLAs in the affected projects and reconfiguring them all manually one by one. This resolved the issue.

Pallavi Golecha September 30, 2018

I am experiencing the same issue. I added and updated SLAs and now it has been 7-8 hours and the JSD is still "updating" SLAs for the project. I need this fix urgently.

@Adriana Wolfe what did Atlassian team said about the issue? Is it a bug in their software?

@Caroline_Courchesne, were you able to resolve the issue? If yes, can you share how? Did you also delete the existing SLAs and reconfigured them again?

Thanks much!

Caroline_Courchesne October 1, 2018

@Pallavi Golecha I didn't delete them, it took a couple days and everything went back to normal. I still don't know what was wrong! :|

Pallavi Golecha October 1, 2018

Thank you @Caroline_Courchesne. I will wait for a day or so then. It is not fun to delete and recreate them.

Pallavi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events