SLA to Workaround Date in Jira Service Desk

Neil Arrowsmith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2017

I'm trying out Jira Service Desk to see if we can model the processes for our customer software support.

We have SLA targets for providing a temporary workaround for an issue, if applicable. In our current system we do this by having a date field for recording when the workaround was provided, and use that for SLA reporting.

Is there a good way to model this in Jira Service Desk?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

The best - and probably easiest - way to set this up would be to add a status Workaround Provided (or something like that) to your workflow and use that as a trigger to stop you SLA.

As I assume you will not implement a temporary workaround for every Service Desk issue, I would recommend designing the workflow so that you an alternative path in your workflow that skips the temporary workaround, but make sure that you also stop you SLA timer if you skip it.

Something like this:

• Waiting for Support > Investigating > Workaround Provided > Fixed
  • Waiting for Support > Investigating > Fixed

And stop the SLA timer for you temporary workaround when you either reach the Workaround Provided AND Fixed statuses.

Neil Arrowsmith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2017

Thanks Walter. Yes, that makes sense. And if we really wanted it for other reasons, we could populate a date field from the post-function of that transition.

Thanks for your help.

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

--

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events