Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

SLA still running on older closed issues

Hello,

I have a couple of issues that our SLA is still running on and they were closed months ago. Is there a way to go back and fix this?

We are on Jira Server

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Travis, it might be caused by a change in the processes. 

For example a change in the workflow may cause the SLA to run indefinitely. Have you reviewed your setup recently?

It was definitely caused by us setting up our SLAs. What I can't seem to find is how do I fix or remove the SLAs from these issues because they are skewing reports.

I am afraid I can't help you if don't know how the SLAs are setup. Perhaps you can paste a screenshot of your SLA configuration but it will probably require more than that to find the underlying issue. 

Unfortunately you can't remove the SLA from only a handful of issues. 

Like Travis Chafey likes this

Hi @Travis Chafey 

For removing the SLA from such issues, you can modify the SLA filter condition to exclude such issues. May be a comma separated list of keys.

But I  would suggest you can move those issues to another (or new) issuetype where SLA clock is not applicable, so that you can remove SLA's from them since it is still running.

Like # people like this

Oh yes, didn't think of that! Still it might be a good idea to revisit the SLAs since there is obviously something broken there

Like # people like this

I think our current SLA setup is good. We don't have an problems with current issues. Both of the issues are from January which is about the time that we started implementing SLAs. I will try moving them to another issuetype without SLAs and moving them back. Thanks!

I got around this by moving these issues to a subtask and changing the status to work in progress during the transition. I then transitioned the issues back to service requests and resolving/closing them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

121 views 1 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you