Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA still running on older closed issues

Travis Chafey October 17, 2019

Hello,

I have a couple of issues that our SLA is still running on and they were closed months ago. Is there a way to go back and fix this?

We are on Jira Server

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

Hello Travis, it might be caused by a change in the processes. 

For example a change in the workflow may cause the SLA to run indefinitely. Have you reviewed your setup recently?

It was definitely caused by us setting up our SLAs. What I can't seem to find is how do I fix or remove the SLAs from these issues because they are skewing reports.

Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

I am afraid I can't help you if don't know how the SLAs are setup. Perhaps you can paste a screenshot of your SLA configuration but it will probably require more than that to find the underlying issue. 

Unfortunately you can't remove the SLA from only a handful of issues. 

Like Travis Chafey likes this
Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2019

Hi @Travis Chafey 

For removing the SLA from such issues, you can modify the SLA filter condition to exclude such issues. May be a comma separated list of keys.

But I  would suggest you can move those issues to another (or new) issuetype where SLA clock is not applicable, so that you can remove SLA's from them since it is still running.

Like # people like this
Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2019

Oh yes, didn't think of that! Still it might be a good idea to revisit the SLAs since there is obviously something broken there

Like # people like this

I think our current SLA setup is good. We don't have an problems with current issues. Both of the issues are from January which is about the time that we started implementing SLAs. I will try moving them to another issuetype without SLAs and moving them back. Thanks!

Travis Chafey October 21, 2019

I got around this by moving these issues to a subtask and changing the status to work in progress during the transition. I then transitioned the issues back to service requests and resolving/closing them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events