Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA's to automatically create / update due date

Michael Pickering November 8, 2017

I have been testing JIRA service desk to see if it suits our purpose and I have a question related to SLA's and due dates. 

I have entered all of the SLA's for the different organisation/companies that will be needed, which work fine. 

My question is, can I link the due date field to 'link' to my SLA's to automatically? 

Otherwise, I can see no way but to manually update the due date by calculating against the SLA and manually inputting. This would have to be updated when the ticket goes 'on hold' and take 'off hold' and this seems like it would take up too much time considering a number of tickets that we will be taking.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

@Michael Pickering, so it seems you want to set the due date to equate to ‘now + SLA’? I don’t know of any means of doing this. You could use something like Scriptrunner to set the due date as a post function. So if you set SLAs based upon priority you could likely use this with scriptrunner to set the due date. However, might I ask why you are using Due Date when you have the SLA countdown timer? It seems redundant and as you pointed out cannot take into consideration the pause function. 

Michael Pickering November 9, 2017

Hi, thank you for your reply.

This is more for reporting and keeping our clients happy. The previous SD solution we had had SLA due dates as standard. If we move to hours it's a manual calculation of due date to advise when a breach is due, so for client meetings/updates, we can give a more definite date rather than e.g 200 hours. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events