SLA match is lost when costumer adds a comment

Herman Jansen March 26, 2020

We have a list of SLAs in our system based on issuetype, priority and an insight field with the type of SLA that was sold to the customer (silver, gold, platinum.

When we create a new issue, we see the SLA is matched and the remaining time is set according to the SLA.

At some point the agent changes the status of the issue to a Stop status for "time to first response". Meaning the time to first response is met.

Then next the customer adds a comment to the issue, and at that point the SLA shows that it matches All remaining issues. For some reason the proper SLA can not be found anymore.

Of course this is not correct as it should still match based on issuetype, priority and the customer SLA field.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aidan Goldthorpe
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2020

Hi @Herman Jansen,

Thanks so much for your question.

I understand your SLAs aren’t matching the expected goal after a customer adds a comment. Would you be able to provide a screenshot of your configuration to help identify what may be causing this issue?

Thank you,

Aidan
Jira Service Desk

Herman Jansen May 1, 2020

Aidan,

We have already identified the problem.

In the query we use for the SLA we used data from the Insight database to determine what kind of an SLA a specific customer has (Platinum, Gold, etc.). For some reason this mechanisme is not very reliable.

We have now changed this mechanisme.

When creating a ticket we fil a custom field with a value based on the insight data, and then we determine the SLA on that custom field.
This changed solved the problem for us now all our customer issues have a correct SLA all the time.

Sorry for not updating this question with our solution.

Herman Jansen

Like Charlie Marriott likes this
Aidan Goldthorpe
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2020

I'm glad to hear you've solved the problem! Using custom fields sounds like a good fix.

Regards,

Aidan

0 votes
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2020

Hello @Herman Jansen ,

what is your Jira Service Desk version? I have the same issue on an instance.

Jira Service Desk is running on 3.16.8.

@Aidan Goldthorpehere is a simple SLA configuration.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-19 um 20.27.37.png

Maybe this helps. I've created a support ticket for that: SDS-50873

Herman Jansen May 19, 2020

We are using 4.4.3

Aidan Goldthorpe
Atlassian Team
May 19, 2020

Hi @Tim Eddelbüttel

That's very unusual behaviour. It's interesting that both of you observe this with Insight custom fields. Are there any differences in the JQL results after adding a customer comment? Does any other behaviour trigger changing the goal, such as transitioning the issue or adding internal comments?

I suspect the issue is in some way connected to how that particular custom field works, but it would be good to identify the root cause.

Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2020

Hello @Aidan Goldthorpe,

no there is no other behaviour. Here are the steps to reproduce:

• Setup clean Jira Service Desk instance
  • Created project with IT Service Desk Template (ITIL).
  • Install recent Insight version
  • For testing (as it creates the custom field) I've created another project with the Insight provided project template as it creates the schema and custom fields (e.g. affected business service)
  • Create 1-3 test business services in the insight schema
  • I've added the field to the Service Request screens from the IT Service Desk template project.
  • Added my SLA goal as above. Technically the SLA goal for the example will be set if a service is selected
  • Create sample customer
  • Customer creates simle "Get it help" issue from the portal
  • As agent / admin i've adding the affected business services.
  • The SLA will be shown.
  • Customer comments from portal (transition isn't needed) and the SLA goal disappears.

Maybe the problem is the "dynamic" JQL. For example if I change the JQL to be more static like "affected business service" = KEY-123 then I don't have the problem.

Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2020

I've also created an issue with Mindville and they were also able to reproduce the problem and created a bug report: ICS-1648 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events