Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA for 1 organization with different calendars

Hello.

Please assist to set up SLA for resolution and time to first response in the following case: 

There are 2 different conditions from the client site:

Time to response/resolution in peak time  (Monday-Sunday inclusive 14-19 GMT-4)

Time to response/resolution off peak time

I created 2 calendars Peak Time (includes only peak time hours) and Off Peak Time, but SLA is counted incorrectly. 

Please help to change the calendars correctly using the example:

Time to resolution for critical issue in peak time is 2h 30 minutes, time to resolution for critical issue off peak time is 3h.

Also please clarify wether it's possible to set SLA for updates. For example, for critical issue the first response has been provided in 30 minutes and the ticket should be updated each 30 minutes by our team.

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2019

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to paste a picture of how your SLA is set up with your different calendars.  I'm not sure if it's entirely possible for you to do what you are trying to accomplish.

In your goals part of the SLA I think you would have to try and write something into the JQL like Created >=Startofday(+9h) and created <= Startofday(+18h) and attach that to your peak calendar.  And then the other times of the day would go to your non-peak calendar.

As far as SLA for updates we do that by using Extension for Jira Service Desk, the post workflow function: Reset SLA.  We use an SLA timer that counts down every 1 hour for critical issue.  When we publicly comment back to the customer, we use an automation to trigger the workflow function to "reset sla". 

Otherwise the only way to do that is to flip between statuses. So when you comment to your customer, add in automation that transitions the issue to a new status.  That status will then "start" your SLA again.  It's pretty tricky, that's why we use Extension for Jira Service Desk.

Hope this helps

Susan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events