SLA at risk automation

Victor Lubuku April 5, 2019

I am trying to set an automated notification/email to be sent for SLAs at risk hower there are only options for 60mins and 30mins or Breached.

This is not really helpful as I work with developers and would like to be advised at least a day before SLA is risk so that I can urgently assign the task or focus on the task at risk.

Is there a way to increase the time option and have it set to few hours before SLA is breached?

Thank you for your responses.

Vic L.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2019

Hi @Victor Lubuku 

Look through this article.

Use can easily create any automations in JSD.

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2019

if you describe your case in detail (which SLA is used, the principle of its calculation, the desired result) - I will try to help you with JQL request and automation configure,

Victor Lubuku April 5, 2019

I  am using Time to resolution and I want to set the trigger to work as soon as an issue is at 24h or below and send a daily email to relevant people.

Not sure if all is clear or I need to add more info

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2019

To first trigger you can use Jira Service Desk in-box automation , issue matches - "Time to first response" <= 24h

and send mail or anything else.

For regular sending(in-box) - you can create cron scheduler on filter - "Time to first response" <= 24h

Out of box - using pluging like 

Automation for Jira

Automation Lite for Jira

Clyde Farrugia May 23, 2019

Hi Alexander,

where does the JSD - out-of-the-box automation give you the option to specify <=24h ? 

I only have "Due Soon (60min remaining)" / "At Risk (30min remaining)" / "Breached" 

no other options, when picking SLA in the "When" option of the automation rule

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2019

Hi, @Clyde Farrugia 

Yes, you are right, I incorrectly formulated.

I meant out-of-the-box possibility of Jira(Core or Software), not JSD automation.
1. you need to create a regular filter on SLA  (this article)
2. set up a subscription to it

Subsription depends on how the process works in your company.

For example, to send delinquency on certain types of tasks to a Direction Manager (a specific user) or to the entire support group (a jira group).
Receiving this notification - users will see the tasks, and then react to it: either to change the executors (to redistribute the work - the activity of the Manager), to help with the solution of the task (the activity of the user group), etc.

Or you can try plugins like Automation for Jira.

I apologize for misleading.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events