Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA assignment work around

Brian Critchlow September 15, 2014

Within service desk, creating an SLA for time to assignment has a couple bugs and I am trying to figure out a work around. 

If you create an SLA for tracking the time to assignment, the only usable option is Assignee: From Unassigned.  This is great if the assignee was unassigned to begin with. If, however, one of our agents creates the issue and assigns it at the time of creation, the assignee is never unassigned and thus the SLA keeps running to no end. 

I was hoping there would be a stop condition like Assignee: Set that would solve this, like there is for the pause on, but alas it doesnt exist. 

Is there any useful workaround until Atlassian adds this condition?

Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 11.06.05 AM.png

4 answers

1 vote
Brian Critchlow September 15, 2014

I threw this together for testing. Some feedback on if this is the best solution would be helpful.

Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 11.22.20 AM.png

Brian Critchlow September 18, 2014

this is working for me so far

Like Adam Prettyjohns likes this
Adam Prettyjohns November 7, 2018

Thanks for sharing this @Brian Critchlow. I am in exactly the same position as your original post, so I've just implemented your suggested solution to see how it goes.

0 votes
Jeremy Steuhl January 30, 2019

It seems like this would be an easy update for Atlassian.  However, the workaround described by @Brian Critchlow works for me.  Not super pretty, being it shows as paused, but it works.  

0 votes
Nick Ragusa February 12, 2015

Hi Brian,

Have you had much luck on this front yet? 

I'm trying to achieve the same thing. I have an identical SLA to your original post, with one exception; I've excluded issues in which "assignee IS EMPTY" in the JQL filter. Unfortunately, once the issue becomes assigned, the SLA is removed from the issue and thus the data is lost.

Really what I think we need is the "Assignee: Set" condition on the "Stop" functionality. Is that functionality possible Atlassian?

Adam Prettyjohns November 7, 2018

I'm surprised this is the still the case @Nick Ragusa, nearly 4 years on. Did you ever find a suitable workaround?

0 votes
Brian Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2014

To best achieve this, you should remove the Issue Created start condition. The Assignee condition will be checked when the issue is created already so you don't need it.

Brian Critchlow September 18, 2014

no, that definitely didn't work. It completely removed the SLA from existing tickets and didn't apply it to any new tickets

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events