SLA assignment work around

Within service desk, creating an SLA for time to assignment has a couple bugs and I am trying to figure out a work around. 

If you create an SLA for tracking the time to assignment, the only usable option is Assignee: From Unassigned.  This is great if the assignee was unassigned to begin with. If, however, one of our agents creates the issue and assigns it at the time of creation, the assignee is never unassigned and thus the SLA keeps running to no end. 

I was hoping there would be a stop condition like Assignee: Set that would solve this, like there is for the pause on, but alas it doesnt exist. 

Is there any useful workaround until Atlassian adds this condition?

Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 11.06.05 AM.png

3 answers

I threw this together for testing. Some feedback on if this is the best solution would be helpful.

Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 11.22.20 AM.png

this is working for me so far

To best achieve this, you should remove the Issue Created start condition. The Assignee condition will be checked when the issue is created already so you don't need it.

no, that definitely didn't work. It completely removed the SLA from existing tickets and didn't apply it to any new tickets

Hi Brian,

Have you had much luck on this front yet? 

I'm trying to achieve the same thing. I have an identical SLA to your original post, with one exception; I've excluded issues in which "assignee IS EMPTY" in the JQL filter. Unfortunately, once the issue becomes assigned, the SLA is removed from the issue and thus the data is lost.

Really what I think we need is the "Assignee: Set" condition on the "Stop" functionality. Is that functionality possible Atlassian?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

37 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot