Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA Query

Ellen Turner February 26, 2020

We have recently added updated SLA's however they only seem to cover the tickets created from the date that the SLA was updated.  Will the update not factor in any JSD tickets prior to us adding these new ones?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2020

Hello Ellen,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand you updated one of your SLA Goals in your project, however, the changes in the SLA time was not applied to the issues created before the SLA updated. Is that correct?

Can you let us know if you are in Jira Cloud or Server?

As you can see in this documentation, when an SLA goal is changed, it applies to all open issues in your project, keeping your resolved issues with the old SLA:

When you edit an existing SLA, Service Desk will re-index all the existing issues in the project. All the SLA data for elapsed time will be recalculated to measure against the new metrics. The SLA status is only recalculated for open issues, not for resolved issues

That being said, the issues with a valid resolution in your site will not have their SLAs updated upon a change in the SLA goals, instead, only the open issues created before and after the SLA update would be recalculated.

As a workaround to recalculate the SLAs of your closed issues, you can use postman to perform the steps of the documentation below, ignoring the step to enable the dark feature in case you are in Jira Cloud:

Missing or corrupted SLA data in Jira Service Desk 

If it is not the scenario above you are facing, please provide us with a screenshot displaying the exact details you changed in your SLAs and another screenshot from one of the issues which SLA was not recalculated.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Ellen Turner February 28, 2020

Good morning Petter.  Yes, that's exactly right.  I will try using postman as you have suggested and follow the steps in the document to see if I can rectify the issues.

Thank you very much.

0 votes

Hi Petter. 

I am using JIRA Cloud and have tried just missing out the step to enable to dark feature and follow everything else through Postman but I'm not getting anywhere. 

I am really new to all the tech jargon so you'll have to excuse me.  When I send the request it says Status: 405 Method Not Allowed.  I have checked that I am using POST and gone over what I have typed in very carefully and it all seems to be as it should be, but there must be something wrong somewhere.

So in POST I am typing: <mycompanyname>.atlassian.net/rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/sla/admin/task/destructive/reconstruct

(which I presume is what is meant by <baseUrl> in the guide).

Under Headers I am putting: Content-Type and in the value I am putting: application/json

Under Body I am putting ["ISSUEKEY-***-****"] 

I am actually putting the issue key ref in there in the above format and then pressing Send.

Is there anything that stands out as obviously wrong in the above?  I really appreciate your help so far.

Sorry, meant to reply, not answer :-)

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2020

Hello @Ellen Turner

Thank you for your reply.

Please, check the steps below:

1 - Jira Cloud is on https://, so please make sure to add it to your post command:

https://<yourcompanyname>.atlassian.net/rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/sla/admin/task/destructive/reconstruct

2 - Make sure you have properly authenticated in Postman with your admin account to run the command, also confirming your current done issues do not have any workflow properties that prevent it from being edited and that your users can properly edit those issues.

3 - Alternatively to the postman tool, you can try the Curl command line tool mentioned in the documentation:

• $ curl -X POST -u $USERNAME:$PASSWORD -H "Content-Type: application/json" "https://<yourcompanyname>/jira/rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/sla/admin/task/destructive/reconstruct" -d "[\"TEST1-2\", \"TEST1-3\"]"

Let us know if this information helps.

Ellen Turner March 3, 2020

Hi @Petter Gonçalves 

Thank you very much for getting back to me.  It seems that I am not properly authenticated so I will need to sort that out in postman.

Your help is much appreciated.

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
March 3, 2020

Hello @Ellen Turner

You are welcome! Let us know in case you need help with anything specific.

Like Ellen Turner likes this
Musienko Anton July 12, 2021

Hello @Petter Gonçalves 

Please help with similar situation, when we made SLA we made some mistakes so we repair themes and now we need to recalculate SLA

I try to do like you wrote but I have no changes in SLA and their goals.

I get answer 200 OK and {"successes":{},"failures":{}} is it correct answer?

I send POST like on screenshot

Screenshot 2021-07-12 164739.png
Also we use CLOUD Jira

Melik Akoğuz December 24, 2021

Hello @Musienko Anton 

I did the same on the cloud. But SLA not updating. I got the same result "200 OK and {"successes":{},"failures":{}}"

Did you find the reason for this situation?

Best Regards,

RenatoDLL August 13, 2022

Same here

{"successes":{},"failures":{}}

Musienko Anton September 26, 2022

@RenatoDLL @Melik Akoğuz I understand that answer maybe late, but: I try to ask and get this link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/slas-in-jira-service-desk-cloud-are-missing-or-disappear-954252774.html

In this case we see that {"successes":{},"failures":{}} is OK answer.

But in beginning of 2022 year it work correct and now I see that it work sometimes not good :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events