Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA: Handle holidays like weekends?

Niels Kobschätzki April 13, 2017

I want to create a calendar with the following properties:

monday - friday: 8am - 8pm

saturday, sunday: 10am - 6pm

and holidays should be handled like saturday and sunday (so 10am-6pm).

My understanding is that holidays are excluded from the SLAs but that's not what I need.

Can I configure that somehown in JIRA or is there a plug-in that can do this?

4 answers

I am not sure here but I think you can configure special times for special days per Service Desk somewhere in the Service Desk administration... 

0 votes
Pattie Berghof October 24, 2017

I also have a need for my non-business hours SLA calendar to include Holiday days excluded from my business hours SLA calendar.  We have one department that provides support 24 x 7 but has different SLA requirements based on when the ticket is opened.

This is a standard need for anyone running a 24x7 support operation.

Thanks in advance

Pattie

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2017

Hi Pattie,

So you can have multiple Calendars in a single Service Desk.  The SLA can then be set up by JQL to detect which issues should go the business hours calendar and which to the non-business hours.

Cheers,

Maui July 22, 2020

Hi Susan, can you please provide an example of JQL statement that matches the Christmas day so that the "weekend" calendar and SLA can be used for the issues opened on that day?

I'm trying something like: createdDate="2020/12/25" (except for the fact that I'm using the today date for testing) but it doesn't work and the SLA always matches the business day calendar I defined in another rule...

Many thanks. 

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2020

created = "2020-12-25"

But you would need to update that rule every year. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2017

This is available. A quick search in Atlassian's documentation would yield the result - https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-slas-732528967.html

Bojana Vasic September 12, 2017

Hi Jack,

Thanks for answering!

Unfortunately I can't find anything there regarding my specific case, as Niels described above.

I need holidays to be handled like Saturday and Sunday. My understanding is that holidays are excluded from the SLAs but that's not what I need.

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

BR,
Bojana

Krista Parker October 24, 2017

Update: I thought about this and I don't think the situation below will work for you, since you said you want holidays treated differently. 

You may be able to set certain JQL for your issues created on specifc days (like 12/25) to use a certain calendar, so you could filter that in the goals. 

When you set up your SLAs and work in Calendars, you can set up a 24/7 calendar. In fact, I'm pretty sure there is a default 24/7 calendar (at least in Server) for JSD when you set up your SLAs. 

Go to SLAs>Calendars and then add the weekends. calendar.png

0 votes
Bojana Vasic September 11, 2017

Hi, 

I wonder the same thing as Niels, could someone please help regarding some possible solution for this?

Many thanks in advance!

BR,

Bojana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events