Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD E-Mail templates - "Answer above this line"-line disappeared

Daniel Seegräber October 16, 2017

Hi,

we've got some curiosity in our SD-Mail template configuration going on. In our prod-system, the "Answer above this line"-line disappeared (see attached screenshots). We've got exact the same content within the HTML-Box but there is no line in the preview windows of out prod-system (also not in the actual E-Mail).

Of cource I know that I can draw a line with dashes but I'd just like to know what is broken here!?

Prod-System

image.png

Test-System

image.png

cheers,

daniel

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2017

Hi Daniel,

That is strange to see, I agree.  I did some digging on this issue and found that there was a bug report for a very similar behavior.  Please see JSDSERVER-4945 for more details.   It looks like this behavior is expected to hide those top two lines, but only when the project's email channel is not currently enabled.

But that seems strange, because if you're seeing this in your production instance, but not the dev instance, I would expect your production instance to have that project's email channel enabled.

Ultimately that bug was closed as invalid, I think because if the channel is not enabled, it does not appear to have any actual effect in regards to what customers see. 

However I am worried to learn if your email channel is enabled here.   If it is and that is not the case here, then I'd like to learn more about what is different between these two environments.  

Daniel Seegräber October 20, 2017

Hi Andrew,

actually, athough I was writing about our production system, it's not "productive" or "live" yet. We're still busy on setting it up. Thus, we haven't set up the mail channel yet and exactly that's what causes the missing line (I just counter-checked it).

Still a weired behavoir but now I now where it's coming from ;).

Thanks a lot for your "digging" !

cheers
dan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events