Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route Issue to a Specific User Group After Workflow Status Transition

ServiceDesk January 23, 2018

I have a workflow : Open -> In Progress -> Completed -> Closed

I have a workflow status that transit from In Progress to Completed.  I have 2 user groups : Labs Managers and Engineers.  The Engineers will set the issue status to Completed from In Progress and it is suppose to route to the Lab Managers group,   And the Lab Manager suppose to set the status from Completed to CLosed.   There are different groups of lab managers and engineers.  So depending on one of the value on the Issue field, it should route to different Lab Managers to closed it.  How do I configure such things in Workflow?

3 answers

0 votes
ServiceDesk January 25, 2018

Thanks for all your answers.  Maybe let me ask it simpler. 

How to add logic in a Workflow transition (In Progress -> Completed) so that it can assign to different user?

Logic -> Check the custom field Country and assign to different user.

If Country = 'USA', then the Assignee = 'John'  
If Country = 'England', then the Assignee = 'David'  
If Country = 'Japan', then the Assignee = 'Hiroshi'

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

@ServiceDesk, routing is a generic term but expect you mean assign. I will see if I can offer a solution.

In JSD agents typically work issue via Queues. I would suggest that your two groups (Lab manager, engineers) would equate to separate queues.

based upon what you stated I would define the queues as follows:

Engineers: status in (Open, "In Progress")

Lab Managers: status = Completed

Completed: status = Completed

Now w/ that let's look at one other piece of your question "depending on one of the value on the Issue field, it should route to different Lab Managers". If in fact you want different lab managers to be assigned the issue based upon some custom field there are two approaches.

1. use an add-on like script runner or power scripts and assign to the user based upon the field value. 
  2. simply break the "Lab Manager" queue above into actual ownership, e.g.
    1. Fred: status = Completed and 'custom field' = 'A'
    2. Sally: status = Completed and 'custom field' = 'B'
    3. etc.

there are potential alternatives to achieve #1 w/o add-on but it depends on details and gets a bit messy IMO.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

Hello,

I am a bit confused about 2 user groups. You said that there are 2 users groups but in the end of your question you said there are defferent groups of lab managers and engineers. If you meant that you can divide users into Labs Managers and Engineers but there are multiple groups of users for Labs Manager and multiple groups of users for Engineers then you should define 2 roles in your project Labs Managers and Engineers. Then in the transtion from In Progress to Completed transaction you should set the User In Project Role  condition to Engineers. In the Completed to Closed transition you should set the User in Project Role condition to Lab Managers. 

If I understood your requirement correctly then it would do  the trick.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events