Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict access to knowledge base depending on customer organisation

Hugh Simpson October 30, 2018

Is it possible to create knowledge base/confluence articles which are then restricted based on the organisation a customer belongs to? For example, show a report confluence page to service desk users from a specific organisation.

Alternatively, is it possible to share a standard confluence page with service desk users?

2 answers

2 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2018

Hugh,

Please see the topic, Knowledge Base Permissions.

Victor

Thanks for your reply, I have checked the documentation but couldn't find anything to do with permissions for specific service desk organisations. Can you link to where I can find this? 

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2018

Hugh,

Organization is merely a group of customers, used to share and view tickets as a group. I don't see how they can be used to restrict access in KB documentation. However, here's the link on organization.

Thanks for that, but it does not answer my question. I would like a way to segment the KB articles based which organisation a service desk customer is in. It doesn't look like there is a way to do this. 

Firas Amer January 10, 2019

@Hugh Simpson, did you find a solution? if yes, could you please share? thanks

Hugh Simpson January 21, 2019

Unfortunately no, we didn't find a good solution for this. We are considering just giving some Service Desk customers access to Confluence.

Peter Ingemann Köhn April 16, 2019

I'm trying to do this as well - and can't find the solution ?! 

Dwight Holman
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2019

Am looking at Confluence this but the lack of a solution is a blocker for us. If a Confluence KB integrated Service Desk cannot limit selected pages to a logged-in Customer then we might use Service Desk, but would not use Confluence.

It would be nice to be able to limit specific KB content to specific Organisations, but at least restricted to a customer is key for us.

Dwight Holman
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2019

I see this suggestion is related/similar:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-64798

0 votes
Wesley Caldwell June 15, 2021

JIRA keeps growing, but community requests like this fall on deaf ears so I'm not optimistic, but did anyone find a solution to this. 

We have support tickets that come in that we create KB for but the info cannot be shared with other organizations. 

So does this mean I have to create a service desk for every organization? Where do I put shared resources. 

Here is what we have 

Service desk - ST

Org A sends generic request

Org B send similar request - allow them to see kb created from first request.

Org A sends sensitive request - KB created that only Org A users can see.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events