Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict access to a single JSD project for API user

Johnson Wang August 21, 2018

I'm trying to configure API access for a single user/bot so they/it can only read and make changes to issues inside a single JIRA Service Desk project. It should be able to pull field data from all issues inside that one project only -- but should be denied access to other projects. They'd be given the Service Desk Team role.

Can this be done?

I thought it might be possible using Groups/Roles and Permission Schemes (to single out and restrict that one user's access), but wondering if there's a simpler and more elegant way of doing this.

Appreciate any insight or help here!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2018

You'll need to do this with groups, roles and permissions (I'd recommend using roles as much as possible).  You need to remove whatever is granting this user access to the projects they should not have access to, and only grant them the single project.

Johnson Wang August 23, 2018
0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2018

If you have your global permissions and your permission scheme configured properly it is as simple as adding that API account to the project.  

If you have given the group used to provide a service desk license access in Global Permissions or in you permissions scheme you will have more work to do to decouple that access.   

Johnson Wang August 23, 2018

Got it, thanks for the clear explanation @Brant Schroeder 👍🏼

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events