cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict a JSD project to a group of customer

Simon G_ December 9, 2015

Hi!

I have two groups of JSD customer:

Customers and providers. I have created a group of user for each of them: mycompany_customer and mycompany_provider.

I have also created two project. I want that users in mycompany_provider access only to the provider_portal and users in mycompany_customer access only to customer_portal.

So here is my configuration for these two projects:

provider_portal:

• Request security: Only people on my customers list can raise a request
  • users and roles: in Service Desk Customers I only have the group mycompany_provider

customer_portal:

• Request security: Only people on my customers list can raise a request
  • users and roles: in Service Desk Customers I only have the group mycompany_customer

Then, when I test, mycompany_customer access only to customer_portal. Great! That's what I want.

But mycompany_provider access to customer_portal and provider_portal.

I must have missed a portal property to check, but I don't see what. Any idea of why all my users can see the customer_portal?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2015

BTW: We're using JSD 2.

0 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2015

Hello Simon, did this really work? I've got a group *Customers* and added this group to the Service Desk Customers/Groups section of the Roles panel of the JIRA project. Members of this group were not able to access the Service Desk portal. I had to add the user individually to the Users section to get it work. At the moment I'm trying to find out if this is a known issue. Cheers, Kirstin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events