Restrict a JSD project to a group of customer

Hi!

I have two groups of JSD customer:

Customers and providers. I have created a group of user for each of them: mycompany_customer and mycompany_provider.

I have also created two project. I want that users in mycompany_provider access only to the provider_portal and users in mycompany_customer access only to customer_portal.

So here is my configuration for these two projects:

provider_portal:

• Request security: Only people on my customers list can raise a request
  • users and roles: in Service Desk Customers I only have the group mycompany_provider

customer_portal:

• Request security: Only people on my customers list can raise a request
  • users and roles: in Service Desk Customers I only have the group mycompany_customer

Then, when I test, mycompany_customer access only to customer_portal. Great! That's what I want.

But mycompany_provider access to customer_portal and provider_portal.

I must have missed a portal property to check, but I don't see what. Any idea of why all my users can see the customer_portal?

Thanks!

2 answers

Hello Simon, did this really work? I've got a group *Customers* and added this group to the Service Desk Customers/Groups section of the Roles panel of the JIRA project. Members of this group were not able to access the Service Desk portal. I had to add the user individually to the Users section to get it work. At the moment I'm trying to find out if this is a known issue. Cheers, Kirstin

BTW: We're using JSD 2.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published 7 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

30 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot