Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Respond to support transition errors in customer portal

Todd Ford November 7, 2017

I checked the box in a service desk to expose the "Respond to support" transition to portal users. It pops up a screen with optional comment. If I leave the comment box empty, the "Respond to support" button does nothing. If I enter a comment, I get an error: "We were unable to submit your request..."

I created a new service desk project and set it up the same way and it works as I expected without these issues. The difference between the two is in the one that's failing I had renamed the transition in the workflow and then named it back again.

I did a full re-index. I don't have access to the box to look at log files. What log file would contain helpful info so I can direct someone with access to it?

I've run out of things to try short of recreating the service desk from scratch.

I'm using Service Desk 3.3.1 and Software 7.3.1.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2017

Hey, Todd!
According to your description, I believe that something is not correct on this transition or even on this step you're in, so my recommendation would be to double check if you don't have any conditions, validators or post-functions on this transition that may be related to this behavior. You can also compare these flags with this workflow from you new Service Desk project.

The log file from the application indeed can display additional information about this error and you can find it at <JIRA-HOME>/log/atlassian-jira.log

Todd Ford November 13, 2017

Thanks Paulo. I haven't solved the issue, but I figured out a way to work around it. The best I can tell, my renaming the transition broke something, maybe something similar to how renaming an issue type gets messed up until the instance is stopped and restarted. Except, in this case, stopping and restarting didn't help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events