Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Respond to Customer without setting status as Waiting for Customer

Jack Baty March 3, 2015

Using the default SD workflow, whenever I respond to the customer (either via the workflow button or the external comment form), the status is set to Waiting for Customer. Is there a way to prevent that? Many times my first response as an Agent is to acknowledge the request, in which case the status should remain Waiting for support.

I tried creating a workflow to route around this but cannot find a way to comment without that transition happening.

8 answers

2 votes
Olivier Albertini March 4, 2015

+1 I think that only "respond to customer" should make a transition to "Waiting for customer" and add a comment at the end of the details issue should not

1 vote
Paulo Junior
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2015

Check if you don't have any Automation Rule that automatically transitions the Status to "Waiting for Customer" when an agent comments the ticket.

Also, if you set the comment as restrict, does the same happen?

0 votes
Melanie Albrecht March 26, 2017

Me too.

I was about to start messing with the workflow, but I'm interested to see that you tried that to no avail.

0 votes
Jack Baty May 19, 2015

Seems like the new automation features can solve this, but I'm still figuring out through how they work so that I can know for sure.

0 votes
Jaimee Driscoll May 19, 2015

Hi Paulo,  I've removed the rule that moves to waiting for customer upon agent response in the workflow but the functionality still occurs.  Internal comments do not change the status.

0 votes
Tom Fortenberry May 6, 2015

I too am looking for a way to have parallel communications work from service desk to customers as well have support working the issue at the same time.

0 votes
Jaimee Driscoll April 14, 2015

We would also like to be able to disable this functionality if possible.

0 votes
Brandon Bowersox-Johnson March 4, 2015

+1 We'd love to know how to configure it this way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events