Respond to Customer without setting status as Waiting for Customer

Using the default SD workflow, whenever I respond to the customer (either via the workflow button or the external comment form), the status is set to Waiting for Customer. Is there a way to prevent that? Many times my first response as an Agent is to acknowledge the request, in which case the status should remain Waiting for support.

I tried creating a workflow to route around this but cannot find a way to comment without that transition happening.

8 answers

+1 I think that only "respond to customer" should make a transition to "Waiting for customer" and add a comment at the end of the details issue should not

1 vote
Paulo Junior Atlassian Team May 18, 2015

Check if you don't have any Automation Rule that automatically transitions the Status to "Waiting for Customer" when an agent comments the ticket.

Also, if you set the comment as restrict, does the same happen?

+1 We'd love to know how to configure it this way.

We would also like to be able to disable this functionality if possible.

I too am looking for a way to have parallel communications work from service desk to customers as well have support working the issue at the same time.

Hi Paulo,  I've removed the rule that moves to waiting for customer upon agent response in the workflow but the functionality still occurs.  Internal comments do not change the status.

Seems like the new automation features can solve this, but I'm still figuring out through how they work so that I can know for sure.

Me too.

I was about to start messing with the workflow, but I'm interested to see that you tried that to no avail.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

21,249 views 13 32
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you