Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Respond to Customer send response via email

I have Jira setup to create tickets for all emails sent to our domain's help desk account, but would now like the comments I make on tickets to also be sent back to the original reporter.

Right now all my users see is an email that says that I've commented on the issue, but they cannot see that actual response. Is it possible to modify the Notification Scheme so that clicking on Respond to Customer send the actual response to the reporter as well?

2 answers

For the sake of those searching around for this problem and still remains confused after reading the accepted answer. My team painfully figured this out below!

Two things may have (jointly) happened.

Problem 1. You used the same email you signed up for Jira to test as customer

By default, Jira Service desk will notify customers via email with your reply.

BUT due to poor usability from Atlassian, the reply pre-confingured to exclude the sender (which is this case is also yourself) -> so that's why you won't receive the reply.

2 ways to solve this

1. just send from a non-jira-user email

2. (for testing only) Go to Project Settings > Customer notifications and uncheck "Exclude person who caused the action" (do this only for testing purpose, otherwise it gets annoying)

SenderAndCustomerAreTheSamePersonSoReplyEmailNotSent.png

Problem 2. The reply went to spam

1. Check your spam folder. The email should be there if Problem 1 does not exist

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Mar 31, 2019

In fact that is precisely how it should work. If you use Respond to Customer or Share with Customer they should receive the comment you add. If however you enter an internal comment and the click Respond to customer without entering a comment in that screen they will not see the comment. 

Jack when i reply to the email update from my mailbox, it is sending 'Reply to customer' how to avoid it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to At...

2,203 views 15 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you