Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset SLA on escalated request

Gabriel Viger March 7, 2018

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to reset an SLA if a ticket is escalated from P2 to P1 for example.

P1 = 15m time to first response

P2 = 1h Time to first response

The thing is that it shows that the SLA was breached because the Time to first response took 30 mins as it was created as a P2 but escalated to P1 afterwards.

Thanks for your input!

Gabriel

2 answers

0 votes
Gabriel Viger March 12, 2018

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2018

What field or transition are you using to indicate a P2 vs P2? 

What you need to do is find the stop condition for the P1 and then create a new SLA for when the status (or other indicator) is set for the P2.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2018

P1 vs P2*

Hi Meg,

I use the field priority to indicate the priority.

So here is my SLA for when a ticket is created as a P2:

Time to first response

Start: Issue Created

Stop: Comment: For Customers, Entered Status: Closed, Entered Status: In Progress, Entered Status: Not an issue, Entered Status: Under Analysis

And it targets this JQL: 

project = ECS AND issuetype = "Bug eCom" AND priority = "02 - High"

Goal: 1h

For P1 tickets, it targets this JQL:

project = ECS AND issuetype = "Bug eCom" AND priority = "01 - Urgent"

Goal: 20m

This issue the team is having is when a ticket is created as a P2 but escalated as a P1 during the analysis process, it shows that the SLA was breached because a P2 SLA to TTFR is 1h and P1 SLA is 20m.

Maybe I created these SLAs the wrong also...

Thanks for your answer.

Gabriel

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2018

Can you send a snip of your SLA? I'd like to take a look. I *think* I know the issue. 

There you go.

Thanks again! 

SLA.png

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2018

I think the solution for you will be to create a new transition step for escalation. 

Your 'start' criteria is not changing, so all you're doing is telling the SLA that it has a tighter timeframe than before, but not 'restarting' it. 

Try to create a workflow loop 'Escalation' by transitioning from your start status to your start status, and add a trigger that the priority will update to p2.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2018

*postfunction

Gabriel Viger March 14, 2018

Hi Meg,

I'll try to see if this works.

Thanks for your help!

Gabriel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events